- Prepare stock solutions of radioactive materials and calculate those to be administered by radiologists.
- Execute blood volume, red cell survival, and fat absorption studies following standard laboratory techniques.
- Calculate, prepare and administer radiopharmaceuticals including radioactive iodine or radiation orally or intravenously to detect or treat diseases, using radioisotope equipment, under direction of physician.
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive procedures and workflow manual and records/log book of all procedures performed in the Nuclear Labs.
- Detect and map radiopharmaceuticals in patients, bodies, using a camera to produce photographic or computer images.
- Produce a computer-generated or film image for interpretation by a physician.
- Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used and disposed, using computer and following physicians’ prescription.
- Perform quality control checks on laboratory equipment and cameras.
- Dispose of radioactive materials and store radiopharmaceuticals, following radiation safety procedures.
- Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients.
- Degree in Nuclear Medicine
- 2 years job related experience